Sunday, October 3, 2010

BEVERLY'S DREAM


Dear Oprah,    
            I’m writing in response to your show on body image. I am the owner of a small business in Long Island City, N.Y. that makes women’s lounge and eveningwear. There are hundreds of such companies in N.Y. but what differentiates my company from the throngs of others is mine specializes in elegant full coverage gowns. I began my business in 1994 after a friend requested I make her a full coverage hostess gown. She traveled in circles where women were expected to dress modestly and desired something that both fit this criteria and was also classy and fashionable. I was happy to be of service but it wasn’t until I saw the finished product that I realized the full potential of the garment. From this one moment my company, Raza Designs, was born.
The original piece, which was made to fulfill a religious requirement, became the marketing concept for my line. The collection would not only cater to religious needs but to older women, plus sizes, and those women who were just fed-up with and uncomfortable in today’s “bear-all fashions”. These women make up a large part of the consumer market yet very few companies to cater to their needs. Here are just a few examples of my clientele;
1.Religious Christians, Jews, and Muslims who consider modesty to be of the utmost importance.
2.Older women who do not wish to reveal all.
3.Plus size women who know how to do so but can rarely find their size.
4.Women who have been ill or recently undergone surgery, and wish to camouflage any sign of illness.
5.Young modest adults are also turning to modest fashions. They are uncomfortable, mentally and physically, in tight and skimpy clothing but can’t find anything “cool” that isn’t either one or the other.
I find your show  an inspiration specifically because it takes us forgotten women into account. No subject is too taboo for your show. You seek to help all women feel comfortable and happy with themselves, inside and out. If they are not happy you encourage them to change. The Raza Designs Inc. has the same has the same goals in mind. I would love to have the opportunity to introduce our elegant, beautiful collection to  your audience.
Sincerely,
Beverly Luchfeld
President Raza Designs
800-7152195
            WWW.RAZADESIGNS.COM

No comments:

Post a Comment