Sunday, October 3, 2010

Oprah, Please help me fulfill my dream.

Dear Oprah,
            My name is Eta Flamholz and I am 17 years old. I am writing you on behalf of my mother.
Every girl’s dream is to have her own personal fashion designer on hand 24/7. Well that’s exactly what I have. Her name is Beverly Luchfeld and she is my mother. While we don’t always get along (which mother and daughter do) I admire her so much. I realize this sounds like one of those fourth grade reports that start “My hero is…” but I mean this statement in the most sincere sense. She has accomplished so much in her life and shows no signs of slowing down now.
My mother began her career in fashion around 30 years ago. She has been the Vice President of a major swim wear company, won awards for her designs, and started her own business. She is smart, creative, and incredibly good at what she does.
If all that weren’t enough she is a great mom. She always encourages me try new things and supports me in all my endeavors. She has let me dye my hair unnatural colors, given me free reign over redecorating my room, and, most recently, paid for a rather expensive experiment in glass blowing. She also trusts me implicitly, which is much more than I can say for many of my friends’ parents. I want to tell her how thankful I am for all she’s done for me, show her I love her with all my heart and soul but nothing I could do would truly ever portray these feelings sufficiently. Therefore I write to you with the hope that there is a slim chance you will read this letter and feel compelled to help me.
As I mentioned before my mother started her own business. She began her company, Raza Designs, in 1994. Her goal was to produce women'a eveningwear that was elegant as well as modest. I love her dresses for exactly this reason. Everyone from young to old, slim to plus sized looks gorgeous in her dresses and, even better, feels physically and mentally comfortable. As a teen surrounded by todays less than conservative fashions take it from me, this is a rare thing to find.
My mother has been relatively successful in past years but sex sells, and it is hard to get exposure for beautiful but not sexy. I believe her concept is a great one and that if more people knew about it they would agree. I don’t how to ask what I want without it sounding like soliciting but here it is anyway. Oprah, I would love to introduce my Mom's creations to the world. I know people would love her gowns if they just knew about them. 
No one can do that better than you Oprah! Thanks for taking the time to read this,
                                                         
Eta Flamholz
P.S.- I have included some pictures of dresses from the website. 

No comments:

Post a Comment